Get to know Morpheus8, a groundbreaking way to treat many skin types, conditions … without the risk
Patients of Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center in Washington, D.C., can benefit from a groundbreaking device designed to treat an array of skin conditions: Morpheus8. This innovative laser treatment combines two powerful technologies, radiofrequency energy, and microneedling. This process stimulates the production of firming collagen to improve skin condition and the appearance of many signs of aging and sun damage.
Radiofrequency energy refers to “radio waves.” This electromagnetic energy produces heat, which we can direct to the appropriate skin depth to promote new collagen and elastin. As a result, a patient has more radiant, youthful-looking skin.
One of the technologies used in Morpheus8, microneedling, involves creating tiny channels in the skin. These controlled “micro-injuries” support healing. Your body produces fresh collagen, elastin, and skin cells to heal and close the tiny channels at the targeted treatment site. This procedure also affects the deeper layer of the skin. So, Morpheus8 has been described as a “bridge” between invasive surgical procedures (like facelift surgery) and other non-surgical or laser and light-based therapies that only target superficial skin.
Due to the unique design of Morpheus8, there are many advantages associated with this aesthetic treatment. They include:
- Appropriate for many skin types
- Versatile treatment for several different conditions and concerns, ranging from wrinkles, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation to active acne, scars, and poor skin quality (leathery texture, dullness)
- May be used on the neck, face, and even other parts of the body
- Well-tolerated by patients with localized numbing anesthetic
- Limited downtime
- Side effects, such as peeling and swelling at the treatment site, generally subside within two to three days
- Results gradually improve as the process of new collagen production occurs
- Dramatic improvement in the tone, texture, and overall appearance of the skin
- Patients can maintain these results with annual treatment sessions
To find out more about Morpheus8, call 202-816-7557 with questions and to schedule a consultation at Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center in Washington, D.C. Our office in Alexandria, VA, can also be reached at 571-449-2555. We can evaluate your skin and develop a treatment plan designed to meet your unique needs and goals.
Share this Article
Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center
Braun Dermatology is home to a team of highly qualified, experienced providers, including board-certified dermatologists, physician assistants, and master estheticians. Every team member relies on advanced training and expertise to provide optimal care. Patients in and around Washington, DC, and Alexandria, VA, trust Braun Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center for their reliable, evidence-based approach to dermatology.