The benefits of miraDry® for the permanent, non-surgical treatment of excessive sweating
The miraDry® system is an excellent investment in your long-term quality of life and overall well-being. This is a minimally-invasive and effective treatment for individuals with hyperhidrosis, a condition marked by excessive sweating.
MiraDry® is the only minimally invasive treatment that offers a permanent reduction in sweating under the arms. These treatments are not limited to those with hyperhidrosis. There are many people who simply wish to sweat less, reduce underarm odor, and decrease hair growth.
Aside from the many patients we have treated, many of our staff and providers at Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center in Washington, D.C., have had miraDry® treatments themselves, simply for convenience. So, many different types of patients can seize the benefits of this life-changing procedure.
We use a handheld device to precisely and safely deliver therapeutic thermal energy to the underarm region. Specific sweat glands are targeted; they absorb the energy. In our skilled hands, miraDry effectively destroys the targeted glands. The surrounding skin, muscle tissue, and bone remain unaffected.
This treatment is a terrific value and investment in yourself. Consider how miraDry® is:
- Fast – can be completed in approximately one hour.
- Affordable – most individuals only require one treatment session and require no downtime.
- Versatile – appropriate for patients diagnosed with hyperhidrosis and others who wish to decrease underarm sweating and odor.
- A natural alternative – attractive for patients who can’t tolerate conventional deodorant or who don’t want to use these products due to the chemicals in them.
- Results-driven – enjoy immediate results and a dramatic reduction in sweat and odor.
- Safe – miraDry® technology has been cleared by the FDA; sweat glands are precisely targeted, and the sweat is not re-routed to other glands.
- Comfortable – well-tolerated with just localized numbing anesthetic
- Low-risk – side effects are limited to temporary discomfort, bruising, and swelling at the treatment site.
- Non-surgical – avoid the costs and risks of side effects and complications associated with procedures designed to surgically disconnect the nerves responsible for hyperhidrosis.
At Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center in Washington, D.C., we appreciate that no two patients are alike. In turn, no two treatment plans are the same. During a consultation, we will assess your suitability for this treatment and answer any questions you may have about factors such as costs. Call 202-816-7557 to schedule your consultation today. You can also reach our Alexandria, VA office at 571-449-2555.
Share this Article
Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center
Braun Dermatology is home to a team of highly qualified, experienced providers, including board-certified dermatologists, physician assistants, and master estheticians. Every team member relies on advanced training and expertise to provide optimal care. Patients in and around Washington, DC, and Alexandria, VA, trust Braun Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center for their reliable, evidence-based approach to dermatology.