Washington, DC dermatology center provides a glimpse into services, products for cosmetic improvement
As one of the largest metro areas in the country, Washington, DC, and Alexandria, VA, are home to many fine medical providers. Our board-certified dermatologists distinguish themselves from other skin specialists with their extensive training and clinical experience, as well as with their approach to partnering with patients and to investing in the latest technologies to reveal their healthiest, most attractive skin.
As your cosmetic dermatologist in Washington DC, the Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center team is equipped to prevent, diagnose, manage, and treat several conditions affecting the hair, skin, and nails. The American Academy of Dermatology isolated a number of those conditions that have the greatest prevalence and “burden of disease,” such as missed work and school days. Acne, atopic dermatitis or eczema, hair loss, psoriasis, rosacea, and skin cancers topped the AAD’s list.
When dermatological conditions are managed, your skin is not only healthier, but it also looks (and feels) better. An entire category of dermatologic products and procedures exists that is driven by the desire for cosmetic improvement. These treatments are usually recommended to address:
- Age-related changes – Structural components deep within the skin can degrade and give rise to laxity, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. Additionally, hormonal changes may contribute to the redistribution of fat and stubborn fat pockets.
- Environmental effects – The changes listed above can be hastened by unprotected exposure to ultraviolet light from the sun’s rays or artificial sources such as tanning lamps, as well as lifestyle factors like smoking.
After thoroughly evaluating your skin, we create a personalized, healthy regimen and recommend procedures to address a wide range of specific cosmetic concerns. This evaluation is important because some conditions are “great imitators” for instance, it is critical to determine that a suspected “age spot” really is just that – a benign age spot – and not something more sinister like melanoma. Additionally, by better understanding your skin type, we can tailor treatment to get the results you desire efficiently and effectively, without unnecessary risks of side effects and complications. Depending on what we find after evaluating your skin, Braun Dermatology & Skin Care Center’s specialists may suggest:
- Medical-grade products that have been clinically proven to work, safely
- Injectable treatments, such as neuromodulators (like Botox and Dysport) and dermal fillers (like Radiesse and Restylane)
- Laser-assisted and light-based therapies, such as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- Skin resurfacing and rejuvenation with chemical peels
- Nonsurgical technologies to reduce fat, correct wrinkles, and tighten skin with controlled cooling, radiofrequency (RF) microneedling, and ultrasound (CoolSculpting, Fractora, Ultherapy, respectively)
We have provided a quick glimpse into the cosmetic services available at Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center. Get to know the options that could work to reveal your healthiest, confidence-boosting skin. Schedule an appointment by calling the Washington, DC office at 571-302-5377, or the Alexandria, VA office at 202-816-7557.
Share this Article
Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center
She is skilled in Mohs Surgery and skin procedures such as excisions, mole and cyst removals as well as cosmetic procedures that include neuromodulators, fillers, and laser procedures.
Dr. Braun is also a prestigious Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery, member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery amongst many others. She is a volunteer faculty member at George Washington University Department of Dermatology.