Dermatologist in Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC answers, “What is skin rejuvenation?”
At Braun Dermatology in Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC, we offer a variety of techniques to effectively restore your skin to its youthful radiance. Below, Dr. Braun explains what skin rejuvenation is and how it is accomplished.
What is skin rejuvenation?
There are many definitions of skin rejuvenation, but at Braun Dermatology, we consider it to be anything that makes your skin look younger, brighter, and more radiant. As we age, our skin accumulates damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays and also shows the natural effects of aging on the skin—such as lost collagen, elastin, and hydration. It’s no wonder that our skin loses some of its youthful luster, smoothness, and tone. Fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation such as sunspots and freckles, and laxity in the skin are signs that we are getting older, but fortunately, there are effective skin rejuvenation techniques available nowadays to help combat these issues.
Skin rejuvenation therapies
There are a number of ways that skin rejuvenation can be accomplished. At Braun Dermatology, a wide array of treatment options to bring back the youthful, dewy glow to your skin are offered to suit our patients’ different skin types and treatment preferences.
- Laser and intense pulsed light therapies: The latest laser and light technologies can do wonders for a variety of skin conditions, such as lightening brown spots, eliminating/reducing blood vessels and facial redness. These devices also stimulate collagen when used on an ongoing basis.
- Chemical peels: We offer chemical peels with minimal to no down time to reveal brighter, healthier skin; different formulations can be used to target specific issues, such as hyperpigmentation, dull skin, acne, fine lines, and more
- Radiofrequency therapy: Using Fractora, a radiofrequency device, we can rejuvenate wrinkled skin, discolorations, large pores, scars, and acne
- Medical-grade skin care products: Daily home care can help ensure that your skin stays beautiful and glowing in between office treatments and can help prevent damage from the sun and environmental toxins; we can custom-design a skincare regimen for you that is best suited for your skin type, including cleansers, moisturizers, sunscreens, and anti-aging products
- Ultherapy: Using the power of ultrasound waves, we can non-invasively tighten the skin on your face, chest, and neck
- Injectables: Neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport can erase the active wrinkles that are caused by muscular contractions in the face, while dermal fillers such as Juvéderm, Belotero, Restylane, and others boost lost volume due to aging and fill in wrinkles and lines
- …and more!
No matter what method you use to revitalize your skin, it is always best to work with an experienced dermatology provider to make sure that you are receiving the most effective treatment for your individual skin type and desired results. Our experienced team of dermatological professionals ensures that every patient feels welcome in our warm, relaxing office and achieves beautiful, natural-looking results.
Revitalize your skin by calling today!
At Braun Dermatology, we love seeing the smiles on our patients’ faces as they walk out the door with a radiant new glow to their skin. The providers at Braun Dermatology work with each patient in a personalized consultation to determine which facial rejuvenation options are best for their unique skin condition. They will talk with you to understand your treatment preferences and cosmetic goals before recommending different treatment options. With convenient locations in Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC, our office is never far from work or home so you can fit your treatments into your busy schedule. Call us today at 571-449-2555 to schedule an appointment!
Share this Article
Braun Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center
She is skilled in Mohs Surgery and skin procedures such as excisions, mole and cyst removals as well as cosmetic procedures that include neuromodulators, fillers, and laser procedures.
Dr. Braun is also a prestigious Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery, member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery amongst many others. She is a volunteer faculty member at George Washington University Department of Dermatology.